Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Cheeseburger Bake

As most of you know Mike is not a big veggie eater. I have been slipping a few vegetables here and there into the food I make in hopes that it will go down with the rest of whatever he is eating. As far as I know he still doesn't know of my mission :) Mom gave me a Bisquick recipe book for Christmas so I thought I would try a recipe out. As I was flipping through it I saw this recipe for Quick Cheeseburger and Vegetable Bake. I thought this may be just the ticket for an easy dinner/lunch for me and more vegetables for Mike. I'm slowly broadening his food horizons. Although he did mention to not tell his family about all the different foods he has been eating and to his surprise liking. Shhh readers! This will be our little secret. ;)

The Bisquick cookbook showed this served with ketchup and pickles. Well Mike dislikes ketchup and isn't a fan of pickles, so I didn't test the food horizons too much. I didn't add the frozen vegetables, I only used onions and green peppers in mine. Guess I wasn't broadening his food horizons too much with this recipe. I determined that I like using Bisquick. The crust was crispy and had a nice flavor. I will be making this again along with more recipes to come. Who doesn't like a quick and easy recipe? Next on our list is a deep dish pizza.

Quick Cheeseburger and Vegetable Bake

Ingredients:

1 lb ground beef
1/2 C chopped onion
1 (10.75 oz) can condensed Cheddar cheese soup
1 1/4 C frozen mixed vegetables (if desired) - I used green peppers.
1 small can mushrooms (optional) - I didn't use mushrooms.
1/2 C milk
2 1/3 C Bisquick mix
2/3 C water
1 1/3 shredded Cheddar cheese

Directions:

1. Preheat oven to 375 F. Generously spray the bottom and sides of a 15x10x1 inch jelly roll pan.
2. Cook ground beef and onions, drain.
3. Stir in soup, vegetables and milk.
4. In a separate bowl combine Bisquick and water until moistened. Press into prepared pan.
5. Spread beef mixture over Bisquick in pan. Sprinkle with cheese.
6. Bake uncovered for 35 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Opinions? Thoughts? Comments?
Chocolate chip cookies? Do share.