Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Birthday Weekend Recap

Friday I met Mike at the bowling alley where we watched his team bowl. Later we headed to a friend's shed to play cards and to eat fried chicken.

Saturday I came home and got my cleaning done before getting ready for that evening. Mike took me to Benton Square for my birthday. Food was very good, to my surprise even Mike was stuffed and couldn't finish his steak. Those who know Mike, know he never leaves a drop of food left on his plate! My Chicken Alfredo was about 3 helpings!

Sunday Mike and I headed to church. Karen had a great sermon about faith and trust in God's will. There has been so much tragedy throughout my life, so this sermon really hit home for me. Not sure if everyone got the same message as I did out of it. It's always hard to focus at our church with the constant commotion of kids running back and forth. But the fact of the matter is I did get something out of it whether that was the intended focus or not.

After church we headed home where mom and dad were getting together a family dinner for our whole family to celebrate grandma and my birthdays. I'm much too old to celebrate birthdays in my opinion like I used to. Which I think is great, that way everyone can focus more on grandma and cherish her birthday, health, and most of all her life and how we are so blessed to still have her with us. It's nice to share a birthday with such an amazing woman. I spent many nights with her and grandpa having sleep overs and keeping them up entirely too late. To this day they still can tell my version of Goldilocks and the three bears. To most that don't know me, I was quite the talker when I was little. To some, I still am!

Monday I took the day off from work. It was nice to have nothing planned and for once to sleep in. Anymore my sleeping in is 8 or at the latest 8:30. To my surprise I slept till 11:30! Felt like I wasted half the day away. Watched the Young & the Restless then headed outside to mow the yard. Later I met mom at her work and we headed to St. Elizabeth to watch Zach and Ashlyne's basketball game. Hard to believe that my hometown Vienna Eagles will now be St. Elizabeth Hornets once we move.

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like you had a great B-day! It is special that you share a Birthday with your Grandma! :)

    I can't believe u r 25!! you don't look it at all!!! :)

    ReplyDelete

Opinions? Thoughts? Comments?
Chocolate chip cookies? Do share.