Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Weekend Recap

Friday Mike and I went to a friends house to visit and to see his brand new Dodge truck. Very pretty!

Saturday I headed home to have coffee with mom and dad then we headed to our church's parsonage for some yummy breakfast. I think the food gets better and better every year. Had biscuits & gravy, cheesy hashbrown casserole, eggs, sausage and pancakes. They said in church they served around 185 people that morning. Very good turn out. That evening we went to my mom and dads friend's house for BBQ and to watch fireworks. Such a nice evening and visit. Could even see fireworks going off around Doolittle, Rolla and a few other locations in the distance.

Sunday went to church. At noon Mike and I headed to my great Aunt Jessie's for BBQ, fish and tons of fixings. Elrod get-togethers you never have to worry about starving. One of my dad's cousins came up with a new hushpuppy recipe; one egg, crushed crackers, can of mushroom soup and some corn bread mixed. Tasted like fried mushrooms. Yum! Afterwards we headed to Mikes Aunt's house for yet another BBQ for his grandma's birthday. That evening we went to a friends house in town to watch fireworks. Finally got to meet baby Hunter Libbert, too bad I left his gift at Mike's house. Oh well just an excuse to go see him again very soon.

Monday Mike's dad fried chicken, chicken gizzards, potatoes and biscuits. I've never had chicken gizzards so I thought I would try them. They were okay, very chewy and I doubt I will ever have them again. Then came home to relax in the pool.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Opinions? Thoughts? Comments?
Chocolate chip cookies? Do share.