Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Surprise 50th Brings Memories

On Saturday I went with mom and dad to a distant cousin's surprise 50th birthday party at the park in Belle. The weather couldn't have been more perfect and so was the food as always. I always like to see my great aunts and especially my Aunt Jessie. She reminds me so much of my Grandpa Elrod with her expressions and laugh. Always makes me feel like I am partially with my grandpa when I am with her. After my Grandma Elrod passed away in 2003, us grandkids became very close with grandpa and helped keep his mind off grandma as much as we could. It's sad to see someone you love be so sad and grateful at the same time. I know he felt so lucky and blessed to be with his family, but it was very hard for him to move on without the love of his life. He departed his life in 2007 due to complications from several strokes. It was hard to let him go, but we knew he was in a better place and most importantly with the love of his life.

1 comment:

  1. We all miss Grandpa Andy so much. I am glad you are able to get past the hurt and sorrow of losing Grandpa and Grandma and remember them with all the love they so generously shared with their grandchildren.

    ReplyDelete

Opinions? Thoughts? Comments?
Chocolate chip cookies? Do share.