Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Wednesday Ramblings

Work has been hectic so I didn't have time to do a Weekend Wrap Up this week, so I'll just sum it up on this post. 

...Have I ever mentioned how much I hate graduation tabloids? Trying to wrap up three in my spare time (ha!) for Newburg, Rolla and St. James along with 4 other special publications. Starting to see the light at the end of the tunnel! By the end of this month I should be a lot slower which I will love! More time to focus and browse for the wedding! :)

...Engagement photos didn't happen. I was so disappointed. I literally waited till the last minute to call it off. I got my wish with the rain holding off, but the wind just kept getting worse with a storm moving in. So we're set for next Friday. Mother Nature better play nice this time! We haven't received our other pictures yet. I am getting very antsy to see them. Hoping they turn out as good as I think they will.

...Somehow there was a miscommunication when we went to pick up our wedding bands on Friday. Mine wasn't ordered and Mike's was on back order (were told they had them in lol). Good thing we don't need them until September!

...My passport was sent off. I didn't realize they were going to be that expensive. Mike didn't know his dads middle name, mom's middle name or their birth dates for sure OR his social security number. lol So.... he didn't get his done and sent off. Hopefully that will get done this Friday!

...We had the best time last Friday evening at Kitty's. Ate dinner and stayed late for Mike's cousin, Matt and brother, Steven's 24th birthday. They may be double cousins, but Matt and Steven are two peas in a pod and more like brothers. Ornery to say the least and were born just a day a part. We had the whole Holtmeyer crew; Mike and I, Lisa, Joeseph, Matt, Whitney, Steven, Ashley, Randy, and Elizabeth. Been a while since I laughed that hard for such a long period of time. So much that I had permanent wrinkles around my mouth for the rest of the evening. :)

...Saturday I woke up puking like crazy. I was so sick and no it wasn't from being at a bar the night before. Come to find out Elizabeth said the last time she ordered fried shrimp from there she did the same thing and Mike and Randy's friend, Lonnie did as well. Lesson learned: no fried shrimp at Kittys! Never. Ever. Again. That was the second time I've ever had food poisoning and I don't ever want it again!! First time was from Lee's Chicken a couple years ago and I've not ate there since.

...Sunday was Matt's birthday. He celebrated his birthday by popping the question to his girlfriend, Whitney B.! She fits in so well with the family and is a perfect match for Matthew. This makes wedding #2 next year for us to attend and counting... lol

...As soon as I get caught up on some bills and wedding stuff, I think I am going to purchase a fire proof safe or whatever they are called. Will be so nice to know our engagement photos, passports, birth certificates, and wedding bands will be kept safe and sound, especially till the wedding.

...We still haven't met with the priest. We remind the Deacon who may be the one we take our classes with and he tells us every time that he hasn't forgot and will meet with us six months prior to the wedding. Well there is FOUR MONTHS LEFT!!  lol

...I still need to find time to work on my wedding decorations this month so I can make my deadline. I think I have used about every excuse in the book to talk myself out of doing it. No more excuses, we're down to the wire especially since every weekend this summer there is something going on except maybe just maybe one weekend. lol There is even a few weekends where we already have plans that Friday, Saturday AND Sunday. Have a feeling this summer is going to fly!

...We were almost the proud owners of 10 cows over the weekend, but Mike just couldn't bit the bullet. Plus they seemed to have went a little high so it's good we didn't this time. I for see a cattle purchase within the next month or so. lol Mike's been feeling a little cow deprived since they just sold 32 which was all they had left between his brothers and dad.

...Speaking of meat, we have four cows(I say we, but they are Randy's cows that we are going in on half for the meat) getting beefed up at Mike's grandmas to take to the butcher shop in June. Will be so nice to have our own meat again. Gets too costly in the stores plus I don't trust their meat. Even though I buy it because I have to, I just try not to think about it those times. lol 

...My grandma hasn't been doing the greatest. Constantly falling with her knees giving out on her which a little over a week ago caused her to fracture a vertebrae in her back. Bless her heart, her feet were swollen from her falls and black and blue. She's a very strong woman and I hope she can bounce right back like she always does. Plus other issues with her heart(congestive heart failure), diabetes, etc. Trying my best to stay positive, besides I'm no where near ready to celebrate my birthday solo. :( I think everyone needs to vent at least once a day, so that was my vent! :) 

...This weekend is a shopping day at the Lake with mom and Shelley. Ready for some retail therapy!

1 comment:

Opinions? Thoughts? Comments?
Chocolate chip cookies? Do share.