Monday, February 20, 2012

Weekend Wrap Up

Friday
Stayed home, It's nice to have a quiet evening with no plans.

Saturday
Cleaned early that morning then got ready to head to my parents house for the rest of the weekend. My mom and dad took us out to eat that evening at Sybills in St. James to celebrate our engagement. I ordered the Smoked Almond & Pretzel Crusted Topped with a Cheddar Mornay Sauce, it was divine! Headed to a wedding reception for a distant cousin on my mom's side. Thought we were at the right place, well it turns out we ended up at the wrong wedding reception! Luckily people were just arriving at this one and we didn't embarrass ourselves too much. Come to find out a few others did the same thing. lol Mike was surprised to meet a sister of a guy he works with and her niece is dating Mike's distant cousin along with several other people they both new. Small world! The bride's nieces are triplets, two had already left to head back to Kansas City. Sarah, the one that stayed back with her dad was the one I held when she was a baby. I really feel old seeing her now all grown up and 18! We stayed the night at mom and dads since grandma was having dinner the next day. Mom and I watched the new Grey's Anatomy which was suppose to air last Thursday.

Sunday
Breakfast was served! Mom and Dad cooked breakfast with eggs, bacon, homemade hash browns and toast. Mike and dad stayed home while mom and I headed to church. It's been a long time since I've been to my Methodist Church. It's just always closer/easier for me to go with Mike to his especially if his mom is having dinner. Grandma fixed her famous homemade chicken and dumplings for MacKensie's 14th birthday. Mike and I took the long way back through gravel roads and ended up at his parents house. He left with his brother while I stayed back to talk wedding details with his mom. Came home to do some window cleaning while I waited for my girl scout cookies from Lauren, who's mom bowls with Mike.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Opinions? Thoughts? Comments?
Chocolate chip cookies? Do share.