Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Weekend Wrap Up

Friday
Mike and I got Kittys to go for supper and stayed home. We watched The Dilemma starring Kevin James and Vince Vaughn. I thought it was a pretty good and funny movie.

Saturday
I cleaned the house from top to bottom and still didn't get everything done that I would have liked to. Mike's shower and I still fight. Its so hard to clean and once I clean it you can't tell. I told Mike that I secretly hope someone runs into that side of the house so we can redo that shower. lol Not really, but it has crossed my mind. Guess the easy solution is to save money for a new walk-in shower. :) Made some peanut butter cookies and half with Hersey kisses on top for NYE. That evening I grabbed the plate of cookies while Mike packed the cooler and we walked to our NYE party! lol Oh the perks of living in town and it was such a nice evening/weather for it. Spent the evening in Andrea and Aaron's garage playing with the kiddos, eating fried fish and all the goodies to go along with it. And of course we had to get a good game of pitch going. Definitely tell we're getting older when it hits midnight and everyone is leaving for home to sleep.

Sunday
Headed to Mike's parents for Laverne's yummy fried chicken. Came back home and did NOTHING. Love days like this. Later Steve, Ashley and Jake came over so Jake could open his Christmas present. It just now dawned on me that I didn't take a picture.

Monday
Mike and I took down our Christmas lights that were outside. I didn't have anything to put them in so I just rolled each strand up and hung them on the clothes line downstairs. lol Looked a little redneck, but hey it works! Moved my bedroom around. I swear the room looks bigger. I like doing that every now and then. Gives it a fresh look. I finally got around to trying a recipe from Pinterest. It was to add Dr. Pepper to roast. It had no flavoring what so ever, not even a hint of Dr. Pepper. So needless to say, we won't be trying that again! I know it was suppose to make it more moist but it wasn't it was very dry and had no taste.

1 comment:

  1. I did the pulled pork with the dr pepper & was disappointed as well!

    ReplyDelete

Opinions? Thoughts? Comments?
Chocolate chip cookies? Do share.