Monday, September 12, 2011

Weekend Wrap Up

Friday
Mike and I took Jake with us to the Truck & Tractor Pull since Steve had to bowl and his momma was working. I was a little skeptical on going since it was a torrential down pour at our house, but felt confident it would clear up. Plus hoping we wouldn't be one of those people who take a little kid to suffer in the wet and cold. lol On our way there we saw the most beautiful rainbow I have EVER seen. I couldn't get the greatest photo to capture the beauty of it. You could see the entire thing and it was so full of color. I ranted and raved about it, forever. Which probably got a little old after I awhile, but I didn't care it was breath taking, literally. Mike tried to steer Jake for the excitement of the big tractors we were about to see. He wasn't having it, he was in awe of the rainbow as well. He's my kind of kid.

Here's a few photos, again the pictures are horrible. I so need a new camera. Hmmm... I do believe someone has a birthday coming up. :)



Finally after paying a fortune to get in, the rain had stopped. But by the time we walked up to the pavilion it started to rain yet again. It was so packed and little miserable trying to wait out the rain. Luckily after a couple of hours it finally let up enough to start the pull and Jake was a little wore out which worked to my advantage. He made a nice blanket while watching the tractors. :) We ended up leaving before the truck pull started since Mike had to work the next day and Steve was done bowling.

Saturday
I got up too early to start cleaning the house and tackling laundry. Come to think of it now I should have slept in. Made a few desserts for Sunday and again more cleaning.

Sunday
Sunday was party day. Finished up my appetizers and waited for everyone to start showing up. I'm not sure why I was so nervous, but I was. Didn't invite too many since I wasn't sure how much my house would hold and the fact that I don't want people to feel force to buy, I hate that feeling. I've mentioned before and I am mentioning it again (For I am Arch Feeler's granddaughter so I am allowed to repeat myself several times throughout my life. It's a golden rule.) that Mike's sister Lisa is now a consultant for Jordan Essentials. She did a great job and the party was a success. It was so nice to see everyone and to catch up on everyone's busy lives. I made way too much food. Guess it's better to have more than not enough. After everyone left I pigged out on some cheese ball, watched 9/11 stories and called it a night.

After ten years of the 9/11 tragedy this weekend was full of remembrance, embrace and one we will never forget.

1 comment:

  1. I had a blast at your party!!! You're the best hostess!! Everything was so good!! The food, company, and everything! And your house is beautiful!!! Thanks so much for having it!!!

    And I understand on not wanting anyone to feel pressured to order!! I'm the same way!! I think I'd have more parties if I wouldn't feel like that!!

    ReplyDelete

Opinions? Thoughts? Comments?
Chocolate chip cookies? Do share.