Monday, November 1, 2010

Weekend Recap

Friday night Mike and I stayed in.

Saturday I slept in and got all my cleaning done. My uncle brought his grandson down to show off his small buck he killed. He was pretty proud of it. That afternoon I got ready and headed to St. Elizabeth. Mike and I drove around for awhile to kill some time before heading to the community center for their Halloween dance. It's crazy how I went from just knowing Mike to now knowing just about everyone in St. Elizabeth. It's a small town but I love it and I'm very pleased to call it my home town - in a little under a month that is! ;)

Sunday we went to my grandma and grandpa's for dinner to have none other than BISCUITS and HOMEMADE gravy, sausage, scrambled eggs, homemade syrup and jelly. Can't beat anything that is homemade and made by a very special lady, my wonderful grandma Feeler! Unfortunately it would have asked too much of us to have grandma make the biscuits so they were store bought, but it tasted just about the same. Dad helped her out by scrambling the eggs. Grandpa told me I needed to put the word in more often for a dinner like that. He's already looking forward to the next one and so am I! After dinner we were entertained by my little cousin Lizzy, she is a riot!

Later Mike and I headed to Lowe's to pick up some last minute items on our house list. We are now shooting for Thanksgiving weekend to move in. Not too happy on that, but there is nothing we can do. At least we should have a nice 4 day weekend to try and get painting done and to move in on that Sunday.

Mom fixed her annual Sunday supper which consisted of Chili and grilled cheese. We had a few trick-or-treaters. Watched Desperate Housewives and called it a night!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Opinions? Thoughts? Comments?
Chocolate chip cookies? Do share.