Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Wednesday Ramble

This week's ramble is about my ornery grandpa Elrod.

From telling me my hair was purple to green he always had something to say and with a smile. One story that all of us grandkids have grown to know, is the wampus cat in the barn. For years I was scared to go play on the hay bales by myself so the wampus cat wouldn't get me. I'm proud to say that it comes in great gratitude to pass on his ornery sayings by habit/nature.

It's been 3 1/2 years since his passing. It was very sad to see him go, but at the same time it was also the first time I could actually say about someone that he was going to a better place. I always hated that saying and with grandpa's death it made more sense. His life just wasn't complete anymore after grandma's passing in 2003 and the loss of dear friends. R.I.P. Grandpa Andy, we love you very much!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Opinions? Thoughts? Comments?
Chocolate chip cookies? Do share.