Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Grape Salad

Here is an easy recipe for a side dish for any occasion. I just made it for my work's Christmas party and it went over really good.


GRAPE SALAD
Ingredients:
4 lbs of red seedless grapes washed and dried overnight
8 oz cream cheese softened
8 oz sour cream
1/2 cup sugar
Directions:
Mix softened cream cheese, sour cream and sugar together. Then whip for 5 minutes.
Place grapes in bowl and gently mix with cream cheese mixture. Place grape mixture in 9" X 13" glass pan. Mix together in a separate bowl:
1 cup brown sugar
1 cup chopped pecans
Top the grapes with the brown sugar/pecans mixtures. Carefully mix some of this mixture down into the grapes and then spread remaining on top of grapes. Refrigerate for at least 4 hours. Enjoy!

3 comments:

  1. And I'm eating some right now for my lunch!! Good stuff!
    (Hey, it's got grapes, check for the fruit group, pecans, also healthy, cream cheese and sour cream, okay, now I have my dairy!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a favorite of mine!--I always look forward to church dinners, because someone always brings it! Connie-I like ur thinking on the food categories!!--Good way to look at it!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Same here Sarah... sad to say but that's how we found out about it. Someone would always make it for funeral dinners at our church.

    ReplyDelete

Opinions? Thoughts? Comments?
Chocolate chip cookies? Do share.