Monday, October 1, 2012

Weekend Wrap Up

Friday
Mike had to bowl so we spent the evening at the bowling alley.

Saturday
Went to my grandma and grandpa's for the annual family reunion. This is the first year that I can remember where there was no molasses making due to the drought this year. Just didn't seem right to not see the guys cooking and the horses going around the press.

That evening Mike and I headed up to the community center for a 40th birthday. We don't get to see this group too often, but when we do, it's always a fun time.

Sunday
I never set my alarm anymore on weekends anymore since I get up around 7:30-8. Mike always goes to visit his grandma way before church then picks me up. Well guess who didn't get up in time? That afternoon Mom came over and we headed to the Lake to do some a little shopping and go out to eat. I am so excited I bought a fire pit. We've been debating for quite some time to get one or make one of our own. Since we live in town, we didn't want something more permanent in one spot. I had been eying one online, but came across one 3 times cheaper. I'm sure it won't last as long as a more expensive one would, but at least we'll see how much we will even use one and go from there. Came home and did a little yard work. Kylie and her cousin, Camryn came over to help me. They were such a big help and were so proud of themselves in helping me pot my mums and pulling my weeds. Although I did get a lecture on how I need to water my flowers more often so they don't die. :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Opinions? Thoughts? Comments?
Chocolate chip cookies? Do share.