Thursday, September 27, 2012

Thursday Ramblings

...It's hard to get used to writing my new name. I haven't had to but twice thus far. I need to practice more, as April and Holtmeyer appear to be two different hand writings. They're not in sync yet.

...My grocery bill was a little too high last week. I was used to the Jamaican way of life and wanted to grab every fruit and juice in the store. Granted I did limit myself. Just hate that the healthy items are the more expensive. I did find a new juice I absolutely love, V8 Splash Smoothie Tropical Colada. It was gone within a day and half.

...Now that the wedding is over, I can start job searching. There isn't much out there and worth leaving here for lesser pay. Patience is a virtue, and something I am still trying to learn. Guess at least I have a job vs. jobless and looking. I hate it here with a passion. There was a guy from North Dakota at our resort saying that a town he lives in, they are having a hard time keeping employees. An Olive Garden was built and took I believe two years to actually open because they didn't have enough workers to run it. Their Pizza Hut and Taco Bell workers made $15/hr!

...This weekend is Molasses at my grandparents house. Hope the rain stays away! So far it's not suppose to rain on Saturday. It's also a mini family reunion as well.

...Thanks to a distant cousin on FB, I now know what Instagram is. I just thought it was a picture program taken on IPhones, etc with different photo filter/effect options. Had no idea until she pointed it out on FB how she learned it was an actual social media group with sharing photos. Aye. I feel old and not-so tech savy!

...It's been over three years since I had head phones at work. I've been missing out and forgot how much I loved Pandora. Why didn't I buy head phones sooner??? The ones I'm using now are compliments of Delta Airlines from our trip from Jamaica to Atlanta. :) 

2 comments:

  1. Don't feel alone I still haven't checked out instagram heard lots about it but to thought it was just to edit pictures.

    Good luck on the job search. I to have little patience and trying to wait for the right job sucks. I've been waiting and looking and still nothing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. HA- I didn't know what Instagram was either- until you just told me! LOL.. I thought the same thing as you! We must me getting old :)

    Good luck job searching!! It will be worth it in the end- but it sure is a pain I bet!!

    I know what you mean about the groceries! Sometimes I'll get to the register and not realize how much my groceries added up to be! It's crazy how much everything costs!

    ReplyDelete

Opinions? Thoughts? Comments?
Chocolate chip cookies? Do share.