Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Weekend Wrap Up

Friday
I went to Sarah's house for a Tupperware party. A nice evening visiting with the girls while enjoying some good food. Came home to an early birthday present from Mike, a new camera! I was a little shocked he remembered the brand of camera I wanted. It's a Nikon Coolpix with a touchscreen.

Saturday
Mike, Randy and I headed to a wedding in Westphalia for Wyatt & Liz Voss. We didn't make it in time for the wedding since they didn't get back in time from hauling Lisa's car to the junk yard. After we arrived there was a constant traffic of sirens with ambulance after ambulance. We learned there was a bad wreck just a mile from there. It was a little hard to enjoy the happy wedding celebrating two people coming together knowing just up the road there was at least one person dead. We ended up leaving the reception a little early and headed back home.

Sunday
Birthday celebration day! It's tradition for our family to always have Sunday dinner to celebrate my grandma and I's birthday. I always feel so stupid now that I am older with celebrating it. I know that if it wasn't for my grandma still being alive that it would only be celebrated with just my immediate family. But I need to look at it as a blessing since I won't have my grandma forever to share our special holiday together. I think it's more the fact I don't want my older cousins to have resentment towards me with having big birthdays still where as they don't. I know it's silly, but I don't like the feeling of people feeling like that even if they aren't. We also had a surprise baby shower for my cousin Krissi who is due a week from today. Can't wait to meet little Kaleb Russell Feeler. I was secretly hoping he would have arrived on grandma's birthday, which was Sunday.

Monday
BiRTHDAY! Monday was a "me" day. It felt just like any other day. Got a lot done around the house including moving the living room furniture around. I think I moved it around about 5 times before finally deciding. I am so my mother's child! Mike had a dentist appointment which he had to wait about an hour just to get in so we skipped going out to eat. I went ahead and fixed chili then we headed to the farm to enjoy the nice weather and to check and feed the cows. Ended the evening watching the new Two and Half Men, which I am not a fan or supporter of Charlie Sheen at all. The new show with Ashton didn't seem too bad at all.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Opinions? Thoughts? Comments?
Chocolate chip cookies? Do share.