Thursday, August 18, 2011

Sushi: Yum or Yuck?

Yuck! Overall it wasn't too bad, but it's not as great as I thought it would be.

I only had the California roll which consisted of avocado, cucumber and crab. I love all three so I just knew I would really like the roll. Luckily I did the lunch combo and got chicken teriyaki to go along with it so at least I had something I knew 100% sure that I liked. At first my sushi experience wasn't too bad, somewhat okay until... I grabbed a piece not knowing it had wasabi stuck all to the bottom of it. Lets just say it quickly ended up in the napkin and I was on the verge of barfing.

All in all, never ever again. At least I can say I tried it. My stomach on the other hand isn't very happy with me. It was a neat experience. We got to watch them at work with the hibachi grill, which was entertaining to watch! So if you are a sushi buff, the Koi Sushi & Hibachi is a good place for that. Just not for me. :)

The picture to the right is Shelley's plate.

2 comments:

  1. Yeah- the wasibi usually goes into your soy sauce mixed up & you just add as much as you like. Pea size for me max. Meant as a garnish not to be eaten whole. I bet that really sucked.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yea I wasn't wanting it at all since I already knew what it was. I was in for a surprise! LOL

    ReplyDelete

Opinions? Thoughts? Comments?
Chocolate chip cookies? Do share.