Monday, January 17, 2011

Weekend Recap

Friday Mike and I headed to Jeff to go out to eat. Planned on watching the movie, Little Fockers, time didn't allow this to happen. We waited a long time to eat at Chili's, which was probably a good thing since we were both too tired to go anyway. Got groceries and headed home. It was nice to get out for once since we've been cooped up in the house with getting it finished.

Saturday was a day of deep cleaning. Went over the carpets again with the shampooer to make sure I got all the soap out. Looks like new! Started removing more paint off the hardwood floors when I got a big surprise. White dust everywhere! Apparently the dust from my dad cutting our new bathroom sink was too much in the garage so he opened the door. Why he didn't open the garage door to the outside, beats me. Spent the rest of the morning cleaning the floors really good. Since they were all clean I decided to go ahead and unroll our rug. Looks good with our furniture and it's so soft. It was a good accomplishment to get all this done by noon. Spent the rest of the afternoon enjoying the house, baking cookies and making katie-dids. I'm no Betty Crocker, cookies were bought all ready to go and all I had to do was pop them in the oven. Makes for an easier clean up. :) I thought I would be smart and set the timer two minutes before the actual time it calls for since I'm not used to this oven. Well in 8 minutes I managed to burn them. They weren't too bad and still tasted fine. Must have since they are all gone, Mike finished them off last night. On to the katie-dids, it's a tradition that my grandma has these little appetizers for Christmas at her house. It's thin slices of ham rolled around cream cheese and cut in half. I made these to take to my friends house where we had our better-late-than-never Christmas party. We had a good time and exchanged gifts. I ended up with lots of items to make my house smell good and not smelling like paint. We ended the evening by going to the local pub.

Sunday Mike and I headed to my parent's house (Wow! That will take a while getting used to instead of saying my house). Loaded up everything except for all my antique dishes. There wasn't much room left in the trailer and Mike's truck so we didn't risk moving them. Always another time to get them. To my surprise everything is put in it's place all except for one box and a few miscellaneous items in the spare room. I was too pooped to cook an actual supper so I cheated with hamburger helper, beef pasta. It actually wasn't too bad. I did add spices to it and onions to make it taste better. Mike ate three helpings, so that's a plus. He's a picky eater, but I'm slowly trying to break that. Ended the evening watching Desperate Housewives.

Our weekend was filled with anticipation, excitement and accomplishment. We couldn't have done this without the help of our family. We're very blessed and so grateful to have each and every one of them in our life.

1 comment:

  1. We love helping you start your new life.
    Love you,
    Mom

    ReplyDelete

Opinions? Thoughts? Comments?
Chocolate chip cookies? Do share.