Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Weekend Recap

Friday
After work Friday, I had planned on going to the Maries County Fair to watch the Truck & Tractor Pull with Mike, his brother Steven and their friend Kyle. By the time they showed up at my house it was raining hard so we decided to skip the fair and head to Rainbow Lanes so they could practice bowling before their league starts up.

Saturday
Saturday morning I went to the parade with mom, dad and my aunt Katie. Afterwards we headed to Morelands for lunch, food was good and so was the company. That evening Mike and I headed to the Fair for the Demo Derby. It was good to see everyone... to me the Fair always seems like one big class reunion. So even though it may not be the greatest fair, it's something that we all look forward so we can see old classmates, friends etc.

Sunday
Sunday I attended a wedding in St. Elizabeth. Mike had to bar tend, I felt sorry for them they started setting up at 2 and had to serve the whole time... so they ended up bar tending for 10 hours straight. The reception was all outside, turned out to be a nice day for it. They had a grooms cake that looked perfect. I couldn't believe the work that had went into it. The cake was a cooler with ice and natural light bottles in it. The whole thing was edible!


Monday
I spent the day at Mike's house. We got up early to start working cows so they can tag and casterate them. Then we had to go check the fence (electric) to see where the problem was so it could work. Ended up being the perfect morning for it, cool and a slight mist. After everything was done Mike's brother Randy cooked pork chops and brats.

Life can be hectic at times, but it is always a blessing!

1 comment:

  1. Yum that cake makes me hungry and thirsty all at the same time! Only a few more weeks and I can have a drink its been a long summer of watching everyone else have fun.

    ReplyDelete

Opinions? Thoughts? Comments?
Chocolate chip cookies? Do share.