Monday, August 3, 2009

Weekend Recap

Friday
We celebrated my dad's 52nd birthday with a BBQ at the house with his friends or better known as the "Vichy Bunch". Couldn't have asked for a better evening in July. Everyone congregated to the back porch where my brother, Todd was barbecuing pork steaks and hot dogs. It was a nice evening catching up with everyone and enjoying the weather!

Saturday
Mom and I headed to the sidewalk sale in Rolla. I found a new store that I LOVE!! It's called Red Door Gifts. It's literally right across the street from my work and I've never been there. They have a variety of home decor and jewelry.

That evening I headed with Mike and his friends to the Owensville Fair to watch the Truck and Tractor Pull and to see Rodney Atkins. The concert was great and so was the Tractor Pull. They didn't start on the Truck Pull until MIDNIGHT!! We only stayed there until about 12:30 since we had a long trip back to St. Elizabeth.

Here is a few pictures from the concert.... not the greatest pictures since we got there late and couldn't get any closer to the stage!

Rodney singing "Low... apple bottom jeans"

Mike and I watching the Tractor Pull.


Sunday
We had our 1st Annual Jon Boat float trip on the Osage River. Had a great time on the river although 7 hours of straight sun made it exhausting in the end and me winding up with a sunburn!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Opinions? Thoughts? Comments?
Chocolate chip cookies? Do share.